Come jump on the Browns bandwagon with me 

Reece Parry

Senior Reece Parry, along with a group of Tallmadge friends, attended the Monday night game versus Baltimore.

Cory Michalec, Staff Writer

2020 has been a strange year with the Coronavirus. People are locked up in their houses and do not really have anything to do. Something you could do if you are  a football fan is jump on the Browns Bandwagon with me. 

The Cleveland Browns are really a fun team to watch in 2020. They have a really good quarterback in Baker Mayfield, a good running back duo with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, and they also have some pretty good wide receivers, too. Our wide receivers, specifically mentioning Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry, were also teammates in college at Louisiana State University (LSU). 

That is the offense of the Cleveland Browns, and the defense is pretty good up front. They have Myles Garrett, who is a stellar defensive end who attended college at Texas A&M.   The Browns also have a player that is pretty good on defense: Sione Takitaki. Takitaki got his first “Pick 6” (an interception run back for a touchdown) a couple weeks ago. I remember that that game was a low-scoring game going into halftime. The only points scored before half-time was his pick-six. The Browns also have a good cornerback on the other side of the field he goes by the name of Denzel Ward. Ward is an Ohio State graduate and wears the number 21. He is also a fun player to watch. I remember when Ward got drafted by the Cleveland Browns and walked across the stage while doing the O-H-I-O.  If for no other reason, Browns fans should love his Ohio roots.    

The Browns are a good team this year, currently 9 – 4 and in second place team in the AFC North Division. The last time the Browns were 9 – 3 was in 1994 when they finished with a record of 11 – 5. To put that in perspective, none of our current students were even born when the Browns were this successful. 

Although they lost last night in a Monday night showdown against the Baltimore Ravens, it was a great game and even the announcers said it was ¨the best NFL game this season¨. With our record, the Browns have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs in 2020. The last time they made the playoffs was as a Wild Card Team in 2002, so this is something to be celebrated.

In this Covid world, we were not even sure if we would have sports in 2020. It is awesome to know that I can turn on a Browns game and watch them win.  You should do so, too, and enjoy this joy of 2020 by riding the Browns bandwagon with me.