Breiding selected as THS Teacher of the Year

Marley Queen, Editor

Math teacher Molly Breiding was selected as the 2021-2022 Tallmadge High School Teacher of the Year.Every year, one teacher who exceed the standards of being a great educator receives the teacher of the year award. Teacher Molly Breiding was announced Tallmadge’s 2020-2021 teacher of the year Jan. 19. Breiding has been teaching for 25 years and mainly teaches math. Breiding graduated from Kent State University with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Secondary Education.

When Breiding found out she had received this award, her first reactions were “surprise” and “pride”. “This award represented the esteem in which administrators and my colleagues hold me,” Breiding said. 

During the 2020-2021 school year, the schools followed a hybrid schedule due to COVID-19. Teachers worked with a group of students every other day making it difficult for them to teach all of the information that they normally taught in one semester. 

Breiding said she kept her students engaged by “varying my teaching methods and helping students when they struggle.”

Junior Lauren Teeling said, “She always did a great job of explaining the material well enough that I never felt confused or overwhelmed by what we were learning.”