New math teacher joins staff


Aydin Sloan

Teacher Justen Little assists junior Ayoub Okab in Integrated Algebra II.

Teacher Justen Little is leading the Boys Varsity Basketball program during the 2022-2023 school year and additionally joined Tallmadge High School as a math teacher.

I graduated from University of Mount Union in 2013 and got my degree in Mathematics and minored in Education,” Little said. 

Additionally, Little achieved his Masters Degree from the same university in 2021. Little agrees that while math is not the most exciting subject, it is important. 

Little added, “There’s always some things in math that we teach that a student might not ever need to know, and they think might not apply to them.” 

Originally, Little did not plan on becoming a math teacher.

“They said the odds of getting a physical education/health job is 10% and odds of getting a math job was 90%.  So, second semester of my sophomore year I switched,” Little said.

Little enjoys seeing the progress in students, and it keeps him teaching year after year. 

“What motivates me is seeing other people being successful and overcoming something that they thought was hard or challenging,” Little said. 

Little is enthusiastic about his position in the Tallmadge district. 

Little said, “I am super excited to be part of the Blue Devil team at Tallmadge and have really enjoyed the start of this new school year. I am looking forward to learning and growing to be the best that I can be.”