Q&A with Fall Play Actors

Keian Beal, Staff Writer

Name: Natalie Tran

Kori Miller

Grade: Junior 

Q: How many plays have you been in?

A: This was my first play.

Q: What were you most excited for about the play?

A: I was most excited for my apothecary scene because I love witchy things, and I felt really connected to the character I portrayed.

Q: Were you nervous to perform in front of a crowd?

A: I was a little nervous at first, but I used to perform all the time as a kid so I knew what to expect. 

Q: How do you feel while performing?

A:When I’m acting I feel like nothing else matters, and I feel alive when I’m on stage in front of a crowd.

Q: What role did you play?

A: I played the extra characters because this was the first play I’ve ever been in so I just wanted to get experience first.

Q: Did you like the play?

A: Honestly, I’m not the biggest fan of Shakespeare, and I didn’t like the idea of doing “Romeo and Juliet” at first but I wouldn’t have changed anything.  

Q: Did you like/dislike your character and why?

A: I really enjoyed all of my roles. I thought it was really fun to dress up as the Capulet side in preppy clothes, which is completely opposite of my usual “emo” attire.

Q: Did you enjoy performing?

A: I really enjoyed performing. It’s something I’ve been missing ever since I stopped dancing. Being back on stage was like finding a missing puzzle piece. 

Q: Are you planning on performing next year?

A:I definitely plan on auditioning for a bigger role next year now that I’m more confident and I have some experience. 

Name: Kristie Fontanez

Kori Miller

Grade: Senior 

Q: How many plays have you been in?

A: I’ve been in three full length plays and a 30 minute one-act. Two of my plays have been at Tallmadge. 

A: I was most excited to have the chance to work with Ryan Zarecki to learn how to fight. 

A: Standing  in the wings, opening night I nearly had a panic attack, but as soon as I stepped onto the stage and into the light all of that went away. So yes and no.

Q: How do you feel while performing?

A:  I feel at home. I feel like I can be anybody and do anything and for once in my life not be judged based on that.

Q: What role did you play?

A: I played the role of Tybalt.

Q: Did you like the play?

A: I chose Romeo and Juliet because Clue at Falls did not interest me. I do wish we had done Richard The Third, but I am satisfied with the play we chose.

A: I LOVED Tybalt. It was the role I auditioned for and I just wish I could have given Tybalt more flair and style then I did.

Q: Did you enjoy performing?

A: I really enjoyed performing. Hearing the audience reactions and hearing them go wild for us during bows was everything for me. 

A:I will graduate next year, so no. But if I were given the chance I definitely would.

Name: Maddie Alberts

Kori Miller

Grade: Sophomore 

Q: How many plays have you been in?

A: I’ve been in four plays. 

A: I was most excited  about hanging out with my friends and performing.

A: I used to be nervous, but I’ve been in so many shows so I’m not fazed by the audience anymore. 

Q: How do you feel while performing?

A: When I’m acting I feel like a whole different person. I feel like the person I’m portraying.

Q: What role did you play?

A: I played the roles of Abraham and the Page. 

Q: Did you like the play?

A: I liked the play. Honestly, I don’t know if I would have rather had a different play. It just depends on what the other play would have been. 

A:I like Abraham a lot because I get to do a really big fight scene and using daggers is really fun. 

Q: Did you enjoy performing?

A: I really enjoyed performing in  the play this year.